Saturday, September 28, 2013

Two Dead In I-75 Crash

FORT MYERS, FL. -- A 3:44 a.m. crash left a Chevy Sonic driver and passenger dead on I-75 Saturday morning.

A 2006 Volvo semi tractor driven by Michael McDermott, 52 of Fort Myers was northbound on the outside lane of I-75. as a Chevy driven by Alphonse Casimir, 31 of Naples was northbound in the outside lane of I-75 and approaching the Volvo from the rear.

For reasons that are still under investigation, the front of Casimir's vehicle struck the rear of the semi trailer.
After impact, the front of the Chevy became lodged underneath the rear of the trailer.

McDermott brought the combination of vehicles to a controlled stop on the eastern northbound shoulder of I-75. He sustained no injuries.

Both occupants of the Chevy including a male passenger, whose identity is pending investigation, sustained fatal injuries in this crash according to FHP Trooper Delshawnta Wright and homicide investigator Cpl. John Benton.

Traffic was rerouted for several hours as the crash was being investigated. Charges are pending investigation.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    I miss you alphonse today is 5.28 14 its been 6months since you're death and Iwwant you to know ily nd miss you and this accident was horrible but things happen for a reason 92813
    R.I. p

    ReplyDelete