Monday, May 18, 2015

Health Department's Pat Dobbins Retiring

Pat Dobbins, administrator for the Hendry-Glades Health Department has written a letter to the community on her pending retirement after 30 years in public health service.

"Closing one chapter in your life and starting another can cause mixed emotions. As some of you may know, I recently announced my retirement with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH). My last day in the office will be May 29th. It was not an easy decision to make because I truly enjoy Public Health and working with all of you in Hendry and Glades Counties. Please know that the staff members at FDOH Hendry and Glades are highly qualified professionals and they will continue the Public Health mission.

"I would like to take this opportunity to express thanks and my sincere appreciation to the County Commissioners, County Administrators, and Community Partners in Hendry and Glades Counties. Over my 30-year career in Public Health, I feel that the relationships that we have built have made a great impact on the communities that we serve and we have learned a great deal from each other. We know that it takes teamwork to keep moving forward with the progresses that we have made.

"It has been my privilege and honor to serve Hendry and Glades Counties, but it is time to “pass the baton” to someone else. Thank you again for your support over the years. I wish you all well and hope that the partnerships and relationships will continue to evolve."

-Patricia K. Dobbins, R.N., M.S./H.S.A., Health Officer/Administrator, Florida Department of Health, Hendry and Glades Counties

No comments:

Post a Comment